Thursday, December 6, 2012

All baa and no humbug...

Okay, I'm feeling a little, well sheepish about this guy. He was so quick and easy that he hardly counts {why is it that when something is really effortless that I feel like I just phoned it in and it doesn't really count?}. But after astring of late night crafting, I was feeling the need for easy and effortless. And guess what~this just in~the lad didn't even mind that this guy was such an easy peasy project, not a bit.
He really liked this little fluff of a lamb. So much so that he wanted to add to the flock today after school. These little roving and pipe cleaner sheep have been standard fare a fiber guild shows for as long as I can remember and they are super easy to make.
There is a good tutorial for them here. We made ours as per the tutorial but then I did a little needle felting at the end to secure the roving.

It was so much fun to sit and make these with him. One of my all time favorite things has and will always be to make things with my kids, be it cookies, or origami, or pipe cleaner sheep. I love the act of communal creating. Laughter and conversation flow and connections are made and it feels so good. Before all was said and done this afternoon, the sheep had a new pipe cleaner paddock and several of them were endowed with super powers. Like I said...the best time...I love it. Hope you're having fun getting your holiday craft on.

 

~xox~

alison

 

No comments:

Post a Comment